About Barbados: –
- Every year many students from across the world get the admission in top medical universities in Barbados to study MBBS. Barbados is a beautiful and small island country in the Lesser Antilles, in the Americas. It is situated in the western area for the North Atlantic and 100 km (62 mi) east of the Windward Islands and the Caribbean Sea.
- The name ‘Barbados’ was derived from the Bearded Fig Trees which were found in the abundance at some point of time. This island is the completely surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean.
- Barbados is a mix of culture, food, nature, the sea andthe amazing climate. The climate of Barbados from June to November is rainy and from December to May the weather is the dry.
- Barbados is member of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and participates actively in the work. English is official language. this country which help international students to the adapt easily. The literacy rate is 100% in this country.
Why study MBBS in Barbados: –
- Barbados has proved to be one of the favorable destinations for medical students around the world who want to be get MBBS degree abroad. The affordable fee structure and quality for life in this country attract many students from various countries.
- The standard of education is similar to the US as this country follows by the US education system and curriculum.
- The graduates from the medical universities in Barbados are given opportunity to you attend various international seminars and conferences. This helps in their development as a successful doctor.
- The cost of the complete course from the MBBS in Barbados is quite affordable as compared to U.S., Korea, Japan and the other European countries.
- Barbados has Top Medical Universities in which offer the world class education with high quality standards and well experienced staff.
- The MBBS degree and other medical degrees obtained from a Barbados Medical University are the recognized by MCI. The students from India are able to come back and work in India.
Benefits of MBBS from Barbados: –
- The MBBS degree from Barbados medical university is recognized by WHO and UNESCO and is the accepted globally.
- No entrance test is the required for admission which makes the admission process much easier.
- Students are the provided with apractical and experiments to improve their skills in a better way.
- Students studying ina medical college inBarbados are given a chance to get an internship in some of the best multinational hospitals of the world.
- The quality of infrastructure, education and the accommodation is comparable to other developed countries.
- The hospitals are well equipped with the great infrastructure and technology.
- The medium of teaching is English which help the medical students from the around in the world to learn better.
Top Medical Universities in Barbados: –
- Bridgetown International University
- Lincoln American University
- Victoria University of Barbados
- University of the West Indies.
- American University of Integrative Sciences
Eligibility for MBBS in Barbados: –
- For Medical admission in Barbados medical colleges in, the students must be at least 18 years of age.
- They must have passed 12th with at least 50% marks in PCM.
- NEET is mandatory for MBBS in Barbados 2018-19 as a proof of entrance in the home country i.e. India.
- Students need not require passing any entrance exams like TOEFL, IELTS.
Admission Procedures for MBBS in university of Barbados
- In order to take admission in University of Barbados a student mustbe have qualified the NEET exam.
- The students with a score of at least 60 % marks are eligible to study in Washington University of Barbados.
- The subject requisite to pursue MBBS in University of Barbados are Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- The documents required to take the admission in Washington
University of Barbados are:
- Health Certificate.
- Photocopy of valid passport.
- Passport sized photo.
- High school academic transcript.
- High school graduate certificate.
- English proficiency test certificate.
Living Expenses in Barbados: –
- The living expenses like house rent, transportation etc. is $500 to $800 /month (approx.)
Available Scholarships: –
- The American University of Barbados School of Medicine offers a limited amount of the financial aid and scholarships.
- Merit scholarships may based on academics, community service or school service such as extracurricular activities inclusive of sports. Financial aid may also include payment by the installments for students with proof of financial need.
- Students may apply for this scholarship if you their entrance grades or grades over the first year of the MD program has been maintained at a minimum B+ average. This may be award between 5% and 10% of the tuition costs for the total academic program or MD 1 to 11.
- Capital- Caribbean
- Population- 2.8 LAKHS (286,388)
- Currency- Barbadian Dollar
- Currency Converter- 35.76 INR
- Weather- 24*C
- Religion- Christian, Anglican.
- Language- English
- Country Code- +1
- Flight Time- 17 hours 55 minutes
- Medium of Study- English
- NEET – Yes
- IELTS/TOEFL – Not Required
- Minimum % Required- 50% in PCB for General 40% for SC/ST and reserved categories.